What's new

Denon 3803 Question (1 Viewer)

nik k

Agent
Hello evryone,
After searching for a replacement for my onkyo tx-sr800 i bought a denon avr-3803. It is set-up and running but i have noticed it clicks a lot. For instance, when i switch channels on my motorola comcast digital box, inputed on TV, it clicks multiple time random times. Its a little annoying. I am wondering if there is a problem. Any information???? Otherwise it is a great receiver. I like the video up conversion to component and the sound. I have found though when viewing cable signals i dont have the fexibility with the DSP's i had with the onkyo. Widescreen seems to only work correctly on certain channels. Otherwise i get all the sound from the center. This also goes with DPLII or Neo DTS. I miss Studio-Mix and TV Logic. I have yet to experience the full potential of the denon but look forward to testing it with various DVD movies. All in all i am satisfied. Thanks.

nik k

rob-socal

Agent
I believe that switching is the auto sense circuitry for the audio video input. Go into the menu and setup each type of input for a fixed mode (Composite, SVid,Component). I'd do the same thing for audio functions.

-RJ

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
nik: It's quite likely that the modes from your Onkyo were not stereo extraction modes. Widescreen on the Denon requires a true stereo signal to do it's thing.

Try the Mono Movie mode and play around with it's parameters. It might do the trick!

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hello,

Another question for all 3803 owners. I know this is not related to the original post but I didn't want to start another thread for something as minor as this.

Does anyone know how I can turn off the "MULTI" and "REC" indicators on the display? When I turn one off by pushing the Zone 2/Rec button the other one turns on. Are they just supposed to be on all the time? I tried following the instructions in the manual but couldn't get both of them to be off at the same time.

Sorry for the stupid question. The receiver works great but part of me thinks I caused this by pushing the wrong button during the set up process or something.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Darren

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Darren, I don't know that you can turn them both off. They are supposed to be there, so there is nothing wrong with the receiver. When it says Multi along with the source name is small letters ate the top that tells you what source is being directed to Zone 2 if you are using that. If it says Rec then that is the source that is being sent out all record jacks. I don't know if you know this, but you can record from a source, say V.Aux, to anything hooked up to a record jack, either VCR-1, VCR-2, or Tape, all while the main source for the receiver is on something else, like DBS so you can watch TV. The only thing you can't do is record (Rec) while Zone 2 is on (Multi), that is why they switch back and forth.

Darren_N

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

Thank you very much for the reply. So either the REC or MULTI indicator is on at all times? What if I'm not using Zone 2 or recording out to anything? The manual says something about being able to turn the REC indicator off (p. 52).

Thanks again for your help and for humoring my new equipment paranoia. There's just a lot of tweaking options with this receiver and the manual isn't always helpful.

Regards,
Darren

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I tried what it said on page 52, but my REC light stayed on. So it is normal and I would not worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks