What's new

Denon 3803 & Bose acoustimass 16, good marriage ? (1 Viewer)

GrahamJW

Stunt Coordinator
Sameer:

If you want to find the closest Paradigm dealer go to their web site here:

Link Removed

You type in your zip to locate the closest dealer. If the Bose system is $1500; you can get a nice Paradigm set (including subwoofer) for that much (or less). IMO it would sound a lot nicer then the Bose system. Let your ears to the deciding

Cheers..John

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Sameerv,

You were doing so well, until the 7.1 setup with some Blose cubes :frowning: Try the 5.1 to see how you like it first. And if you decide 7.1 might be for you, get something other than Blose. I have a pair of Gallo Acoustics I use for the rear surrounds and it'll blow any Blose cube away! Although the frequency response for the Gallos are still lacking (for my taste), Blose is that much worse! I think they tail off around 220 Hz or so, and if you set your subwoofer's x-over at 80Hz, there's like 140+Hz worth of good sound you'll be missing.

If you must go that small, try the Gallo or some more KEF bookshelves/satellites. The Hi-End Theater/Audio store in Garland (deep corner of Walnut and Audelia) carries the Gallos (I think), along with other really nice speakers (including B&W and JM Labs).

sameerv

Auditioning
i will listen to the system i got with 5.1. actually i do that already. the denon 3803 is 7.1 capable and i have two bose bookshelves that will be unused. so i am going to give it a try. if they in some way distort or take away from what i hear , obviously i dont have that discerning a ear, then i will revert to 5.1
a somewhat surprising observation and this perhaps doesn't belong here, is that when i have the configuration of speakers set as 5.1 but tell denon that its 7.1 and i turn on the 7.1 mode in the denon, i hear better sound then if i configure the denon to 5.1. there are so many combinations of modes and configuration u can have with denon 3803 that i can only hope to get around to trying them all.

sameer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks