Denon 3802 vs. Integra 6.2 vs. Marantz 7200 vs. Arcam AVR100

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Yung, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Which would you choose and why? Any feedback is appreciated.

2. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Michael;
    you may be asking the question a bit early. The 3802 has only been out for about two weeks and is still not widely available. I'm not even sure the Marantz and Intregra are out yet: possibly in the next few weeks. Never heard of the Arcam.
    I've got a four year old Denon 3200 and am looking to upgrade and are thinking about the first three receivers you listed. Right now I'm thinking the 3802 but want to get a look at all three before I pull the trigger. Why the 3802? Denon just seems to be the best combination of sound and ease of use. Plus I never buy the first batch of anything; always wait to let the workers get used to a new item.
    [Edited last by Dave Beebe on August 06, 2001 at 01:32 PM]

3. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Hi Dave,
    The Denon 3802, Integra 6.2 and Arcam AVR100 are out and the Marantz SR-7200 is just hitting the shelfs. The Arcam seems to be the less popular receiver in this bunch but in AudioAsylum there are some very positive reviews on it. But I think the Arcam is more for music and has less features for HT therefore it doesn't get a lot of coverage here.

4. Mickey Brown

Mickey Brown Stunt Coordinator

I'd have the Arcam in my house right now if the bass management wasn't such a disaster. There is just no excuse for that.
    I'm actually going to hold out a bit longer in hopes of another sub 1500 unit from arcam with bass mgmt and dpl2.
    When I heard the unit at my dealer, I just couldn't believe the beautiful, laid back sound. Definately what I'm looking for.