1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3802 vs. Integra 6.2 vs. Marantz 7200 vs. Arcam AVR100

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Yung, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Which would you choose and why? Any feedback is appreciated.

2. DaveBB

DaveBB Supporting Actor

Michael;
    you may be asking the question a bit early. The 3802 has only been out for about two weeks and is still not widely available. I'm not even sure the Marantz and Intregra are out yet: possibly in the next few weeks. Never heard of the Arcam.
    I've got a four year old Denon 3200 and am looking to upgrade and are thinking about the first three receivers you listed. Right now I'm thinking the 3802 but want to get a look at all three before I pull the trigger. Why the 3802? Denon just seems to be the best combination of sound and ease of use. Plus I never buy the first batch of anything; always wait to let the workers get used to a new item.
    [Edited last by Dave Beebe on August 06, 2001 at 01:32 PM]

3. Michael Yung

Michael Yung Stunt Coordinator

Hi Dave,
    The Denon 3802, Integra 6.2 and Arcam AVR100 are out and the Marantz SR-7200 is just hitting the shelfs. The Arcam seems to be the less popular receiver in this bunch but in AudioAsylum there are some very positive reviews on it. But I think the Arcam is more for music and has less features for HT therefore it doesn't get a lot of coverage here.

4. Mickey Brown

Mickey Brown Stunt Coordinator

I'd have the Arcam in my house right now if the bass management wasn't such a disaster. There is just no excuse for that.
    I'm actually going to hold out a bit longer in hopes of another sub 1500 unit from arcam with bass mgmt and dpl2.
    When I heard the unit at my dealer, I just couldn't believe the beautiful, laid back sound. Definately what I'm looking for.