What's new

Denon 3802 vs HK AVR520 (1 Viewer)

Jason Price

Second Unit
Are you guys sure the 3802 doesn't have re-assignable amps? Looking at the rear of the 3802, shown here:
http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/pho...inal%2Ejpg&c=2
I see both "pre out" and "ext in". Wouldn't one be able to connect the "pre out" of choice to the "ext in" of choice?
For my case, I would have an external 3ch amp. I would connect the FL, FR, and C preouts to the external amp. I would then connect the multizone preouts to the FR and FL "ext in". Would this not allow me to have full 7.1 in zone1 and 2 powered channels in zone2?

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Jason,

The 'ext in' you are referring to is for the multi-channel input. It is not an amp 'Main In'. And, if I'm not mistaken, to get any signal through the multi-channel you must select it thereby nulling all other signals. At least that's the way it works on my H/K's.

Jason Price

Second Unit
Well, after waffling back and forth over the 3802 vs the 520, I ended up with an HK AVR8000. :) Can't wait 'till it arrives...

DonJ

Second Unit
Jason you made the right choice. Right now I have a H/K 320 and if I upgrade to another reciever it wwould be the 8000 other wise it's the Anthem AV 20 pre/pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks