1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3802 video split.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Dodds, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

I ma one of those who like to watch video sources while I listen to CDs.
    On the Denon 3802 is there an easy way to assign a video source to any digital input.
    I know you can do it by pressing the Video Select button on the receiver, but it doesn't continue if you switch between inputs, and there is no button on the remote.
    Or am I extra dumb today.
    Steve

2. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

OK, I am dumb. I can do this by assigning a digital input to VDP for example, however it appears you cannot assign a digital input to multiple names, ie have coax be the digital input for both CD and VDP?
    Correct?
    Steve
    P.S. Anyone know if US 3802s will switch PAL signals?
    Thanks
    [Edited last by Stephen Dodds on October 11, 2001 at 03:34 AM]

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Steve: You are correct. Only one assignment per digital input.
    There is a way around the Video Select by using your universal remote control (I'm making a leap of faith that you have one.) The One-For-All Cinema 7 (or Radio Shack 15-1994) IR remote control can generate the code to change the Video Select. The device is 0160 and the code is 474. You can then teach the code to your universal from the C7/1994.
    If you are running a Pronto, I imagine that someone has the code available to download.
    (FWIW, Denon used to put the button on the remote. For whatever reason, they don't anymore. But the function still works. Also, Status, (the receiver display - device 0160 and code 473) lets you verify the actual format being decoded. Handy once in a while.)
    (Don't know about the PAL video??)
    [Edited last by Chuck Kent on October 11, 2001 at 07:58 AM]

4. James_T

James_T Stunt Coordinator

I just purchased a Denon 3802 and was about to ask the very same question. As it turns out, I have a Pronto, so...
    Does anyone here have the code for the pronto on a CCF they could lend me? I'd hate to sift through all those files at remotecentral.com to find one.
    Thanks.