What's new

Denon 3802 subwoofer setup (1 Viewer)

Frank Chang

Agent
Installing new Denon 3802 this weekend. This HT is mainly to watch Satellite TV and sports and Satellite movies, occasional music cd but not in any way critical.

I'm adding a Sony SAWM40 sub to compensate for old small rear and side channel speakers for the occasional movie and hopefully to enhance the sound of hockey players crashing into the boards.

1)Are LFE effects transmitted over the satellite signal?

2)What setup settings should be used (small rear and sides, good front main, cheap center), sony sawm40 sub?

3)What setup settings should I use so the Sony sub will not be on when I'm listening to a music CD? My front speakers are pretty good on their own.

Shanthi

Stunt Coordinator
If the program your are watching is DD 5.1 then, the answer is Yes the LFE are routed to the sub, if not the reciver treats as regular stero.

I have mine set to small for all the speakers

If you sub is off then for music I would set my main speaker to large.

Frank Chang

Agent
Side and Rear speakers Canton Plus S 4 ohm 40-30000 Hx rating, Front main Essence full range ~$1500 when new, center no name generic center ~$100 when new with no info. A bit of a hodge podge of speakers, remember this is system just for us to watch TV, some sports, news, occasional Satellite movie, and essentially background music. I have a dedicated HT and a dedicated audio room with high end equiptment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks