1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3802 problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by nikhil m, Feb 17, 2004.

1. nikhil m

nikhil m Auditioning

Hello this is my first post here. I have a denon 3802 receiver and i have been having some problems with it. When i turn on pro logic II the sound gets extremely low and muffled and no center channel or anything. When i turn it up to hear sound it automaticly goes off. This happened when i was watching a movie on tv randomly one day. So that leads me to believe that it is more of a software problem. I was not pushing the reciever whatsoever at the time. However when i play through direct it sounds fine. So i think it has something to do with the processor. Any help would be appreciated thankyou.

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Does the receiver work ok when playing Dolby Digital or DTS? How about DTS:NEO6? If all of these are ok, then you might try a processor reset (detailed toward the back of the manual.) A reset does reset all parameters back to factory defaults, so you lose any programming you've done, but it can cure some odd operating gremlins sometimes.

Also, check all of your wiring connections extremely close. Look for any stray strands that might be causing potential shorts.

3. nikhil m

nikhil m Auditioning

Thanks i did check the wires and i found one shorting on the center channel. This explains why the system would turn off if i use pro logic II. Thanks for the help i also did a factory reset and its working fine.
    Once again much appreciated.