What's new

Denon 3802 or Integra 7.1 (1 Viewer)

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Wayne,
It is not quite fair to compare the Denon 3802 to the Onkyo 898 or Marantz 8200, which are both one level above the Denon. The Denon 4802 is comparable to the Onkyo and Marantz, in which case, I would clearly go with the 4802. I have held off purchasing the Denon 3802 in anticipation of the 3803 this August. Thus, I will live a little longer with my 1802 for now :) I believe the changes will be minimal, and here is my list of some of the possible changes:
-Possibly THX select and DD EX logos as some one stated earlier. This would also make it more competive with the THX certified Onkyo 797 (or whatever the replacement of it will be).
-Two sets of multi-channel inputs for those who have DVD-A/SACD. I believe Denon reps know that many fans may have both formats, especially at the 3802's price point.
-There may be some slight cosmetic changes here and there, and they may also better "refine" the amps and repair a few glitches which many have complained on on this forum. We may also see a slightly different remote.
Otherwise, I don't think there'll be much of a dramatic change.
Reg

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Nice Post Aaron...

Lesson for all... It ain't necessarily "what should I get?" that counts.

Depending on the speakers you are running and your tastes in sound, different amps will invoke different listening responses.

Did you try the H/K AVR 520?

Nope there are two brands that alot of people like that I totally hate. They are Sony and HK. My parents have an AVR-80 MKII, which was top of the line a few years back. This thing is a total pile, they have had it in the shop 4 times for 4 seperate resons and it's still messed up. Oh and I really don't like the way the new HK stuff looks. Fortunatly I was able to have all 3 that I was considering, although when I went to get the marantz they said I couldn't bring it back if I bought it! I couldn't believe they were telling me that so I told them I didn't want it and turned around to walk away. He told me I could take the display model home, which the day before I specifically asked a different guy about that and he said no. I knew I was probably gona take the marantz back in the begining cause I don't think its in the leage with the 3802 or the 7.1 and my presumptions were 100% correct (at least on my speakers). Well anyways the guy said I could take it back if I didn't like it, and it went back this morning first thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks