What's new

denon 3802 online pricing (1 Viewer)

Will_S

Auditioning
I've been doing some research on purchasing a 3802 from an online retailer. The average price quotes using pricescan.com seem to be in the 8oo range w/ shipping running 40-60 for 3-day ups. The two places im looking at are Etronics.com and xtremeshopper.com.
My question is two fold, is it reasonable to expect getting a 3802 for these prices and has anybody done business with either of these retailer's. Just want to see if they are reputable and aren't just offering a good price and then trying to push extended warranty's or accessories.
any recommendation's on alternative retailer's are welcome.
Thx in advance

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
I havent bought anything from them.
But I heard Etronics.com was great!
------------------
Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I am comfortable with that. I am enlightened.

Ed C

Stunt Coordinator
Buydig.com is offering the 3802 for $770 + $34.95 shipping.
I don't know if they are a good source however they are listed with the Better Business Bureau, BizRate, CNet Shopper, and Gomez.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
HEy www.goodguys.com has no sales tak or SHIPPING!
They are a arthurize Denon dealer too.
------------------
RCA 36 INCH TV
DENON avr-2800
Panasonic DVD-rv80
Fronts:PSB Century 1000i
Center:PSB century 200i
Rear:PSB Alpha Into LR
MTX power sub
cable/speaker wire:Kimber Kable & Illuminations V-21
YAHOO messenger: billsfan71
God Bless America

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
I just got my 3802 last week from:
http://www.6ave.com
I called and got it for $850 shipped.
They are an authorized dealer.
You have to call them to get the good price. I talked to PHIL at ext 513.

Shanthi

Stunt Coordinator
I brought mine from Link Removed the service was good not double boxed but received without damage. They took out the service card before they sent to me. Denon apparently does not honor warranty sold on lots of web sites.
I paid $770 + $34.95 shipping.
[Edited last by Shanthi on October 18, 2001 at 05:13 PM]

JohnZ

Agent
Did anybody try to use American Express Blue to make the purchase from an authorized dealer and then use pricematch? I am interested in 2802 and the lowest price I could find is $499. Any better deal?

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
I think http://shopping.yahoo.com usually has the best prices, although the $499 price beats their search by about $20. And yes, without a doubt, using the Amex Blue is the best way to go with this. You get the best price possible from the online source, while being able to actually buy from an authorized dealer.
Aaron
PS When shopping with Amex Blue, remember to have the dealer sell it to you with tax/shipping included. i.e. shopping at 6ave.com (an authorized dealer) I would ask for something like $700 out-the-door, shipping/tax included, and then you can do the pricematch and get $200 back, versus buying for $650 plus $50 shipping, then only getting $150 back.

Gary Thomas

Second Unit
Just got mine from moreaudiovideo.com for $810 delivered. It wasn't double boxed, but arrived in good shape. It's set up & working perfectly. I ordered it Sunday & received it Thursday.
------------------
DVD's
HT Pic's

Will_S

Auditioning
this is why I originally posted this topic, everyone says you can get a 3802 for 800-850 shipped, I've seen plenty of places that offer it at that price but had trouble finding one that comes recommended by a "group" of satisfied customers, double boxed shipping, return policy, etc.
hopefully more people who ordered this unit on line recently will contribute their recommendations'. Because I know I'm not the only one that has the funds, and is just looking for a source that doesn't involve crossing my fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks