What's new

Denon 3802 has arrived in Toronto (1 Viewer)

Arthur Legardo

Second Unit
Real Name
ArthurL
On a lark I phoned up an authorized Denon dealer today and asked if the new Denon receivers had in fact arrived. The salesperson said that the 3802 had indeed arrived on Friday, but, he only received ONE! Well, at least it's a start. BTW, the store is selling it for $1799. No word on the 4802 though.
------------------
My DVD Collection

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Interesting. I am currently considering a Marantz SR 6200 receiver myself, but the 3802 does intrigue me. A price of $1799.00 is actually a tad lower than I expected, but still pricy considering the $949.00 I can get the 6200 for. Using outboard amps, I could get even more power for less than the Denon alone. What store did you call on a Lark? I love calling like that. I had been searching for a subwoofer for months and kept hearing $1600.00 and sometimes $1450.00. I heard as low as $1300.00 so I figured that was the lowest and I kept shopping and comparing. I had actually decided on the sub I first priced and like you, I called a store i had called on and off for months, just to check and see. Sure enough, the sub i had not seen for less than $1300.00 was on sale for $949.00. Needless to say, I ordered one and picked it up less than a week later. I doubt there was even a sale, I just think the store wanted some cash flow, however small. Anyways, thats my unrelated story.
So have you gone to listen to the 3802? Or is that in your future plans? Let me know how you like it when you do.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I would assume if its in T.O it would be Bay Bloor Radio. Then again I maybe wrong. For that price I think I will be heading the way of and outboard 3 channel AMP to hook upto my Denon 1801. Less money and more juice.
Kevin

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Chris, where can you get the Marantz 6200 for $949 CDN? A local dealer? I'm all ears, sir...Cheers.
DS.
------------------
"Buncha slack-jawed faggots around here! This stuff'll make ya a goddam sexual tyrannasorse...just like me!"
Dave's Really Moldy HT Page

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks