Denon 3802 for 899.87, Should I get it?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron_C, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Ron_C

Ron_C Agent

Hey,

My local dealer has the 3802 on sale for 899.87, should i go grab it up at this price, or do you think to price will fall in the future? I ask this because i would have to buy it now, and not use it for around 3-6 months until i get speakers that would do it justice and until i move. So really it would just be sitting around in the box. But if i can save 100.00 on it, i might go ahead and buy since i have been wanting it for the last 5-6 months since it has been out. So should get it now at this deal or do you think the price will be lower in a few months and i should wait? Thanks for the help!!

2. Brian Corr

Brian Corr Supporting Actor

I'd say wait. The price will only come down as time passes.

Others will point out that you can get it online for around $700-$800, but those usually aren't authorized dealers.

That's not a bad price from a local dealer and you may be able to do even better.

3. Ron_C

Ron_C Agent

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.....

I forgot to add that this sale ends tomorrow night(saturday), and around here, this is the first time it has been below 999.99 since it came out. So, I am sure i couldn't do any better locally and unauthorized dealers are out of the question. I am still undecided!!

4. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

Three to six months from now, it'll be cheaper everywhere.. no doubt, i'd wait since your not going to use it.

5. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I would wait. There are many holiday sales ahead (memorial, ID4 etc..) where the price is certain to at least drop back to that level.

--

Holadem

6. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

I got mine for $825 shipped....$799 + 25 shipping..online from an authorized dealer (yes..store was listed on the Denon site). I think a whole bunch of us did at the same store.

7. Dave Barretto

Eric,

What store on line?

8. GregoriusM

GregoriusM Second Unit

Ron: Wait. The dealer will be able to give you that same deal when you are ready, sale or not. And I still believe in buying a receiver, if at all possible, from a local dealer that can service you easily.

That is a good price overall, and an excellent one from a "bricks and mortar" outlet. He'll be there when you are ready to purchase.

In the meantime, buy a short-term bond or something, and have the money ready when you are ready to buy.

IMHO!

... Greg

9. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Onsale at ebay for $750 new/in box US warranty/$30 ship[​IMG]

10. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Dave...6th Ave Electronics..but u have to call rather than order online.

11. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

12. Ron_C

Ron_C Agent

Just so you know, i waited and didn't buy the 3802 in hopes it will be cheaper down the road. I looked at the AmEx way of getting discounts, but i couldn't get one of those cards here in Iowa and I would rather get one at a local retailer so i can have better/quicker service. Thanks everybody.

13. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    rajee- the MSN rebate thing is over, but you're right that AMEX will 'drop' the price for you. i have a Blue card and it's the best card for HT purchases IMO.

14. Ron_C

Ron_C Agent

Why can't i get the Blue Card here in Iowa. I applied for it and they said i was declined because they can't open consumer accounts for Iowa. Why is that?