Denon 3802 for $864

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alexander G., Feb 13, 2002.

1. Alexander G.

Alexander G. Extra

Thanks to your help, I decided to go with the Denon 3802 for my receiver. I went online, and found the cheapest reputable seller, who sold it for $793 shipped. I went to my local B&M store, and handed them the printout. I stood my ground, and it really came down to what the warranty/their service was worth to me. The place I found obviously wasn't an authorized Denon dealer, because the authorized Denon dealers online sell for $1,000 at the cheapest (from what I saw). The owner of the store came to talk to me, but he wasn't very happy. He asked me for a number and I told him $800. He agreed, so now I am going to be paying $800 for the receiver plus $64 tax, for a total of $864. I'm pretty sure I should take this deal, as they are offering the 2802 for $800 there. Can anyone give me a reason NOT to get it? Also, what are your thoughts on the price? It looks good to me.

Alexander

2. NickSP

NickSP Supporting Actor

You really can't go wrong with that price from an authorized dealer. It is a very good price. Besides, if anything goes wrong you are covered. You might save maybe $100-125 elsewhere over the internet but if I were you, I would gladly pay the difference and get the added peace of mind. Good luck.

3. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

I agree with Nick. $800 is what I paid from 6th Ave. You did good.

Rob

4. Alexander G.

Alexander G. Extra

Thanks for your input guys.

Rob,

Do you think it's worth the little bit extra (I am guessing shipping is cheaper than tax) to pay at the local store, over 6th Avenue, because I don't have to pay shipping costs, etc. if it breaks?

Alexander

5. Jah-Wren Ryel

Jah-Wren Ryel Stunt Coordinator

Think of the $64 tax as less than what it would cost to get it overnighted from 6th Ave and call it even.

6. Alexander G.

Alexander G. Extra

I like the way you think. [​IMG]

7. Rob Jo.

Rob Jo. Agent

Alexander, I'd have to look, but I think it was $27 or so for shipping. $37 more dollars to buy it locally, I would definitley go for it. Could be the start of a good relationship with you and the local dealer that could lead to other good purchases in the future. Also, if you do have a problem, it's always nice to be able to look the person in the eyes that is responsible for having it fixed. [​IMG]
    Rob