What's new

denon 3802 for 699 at 6ave.com (1 Viewer)

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Rodney:

This one the times when you should be calling your credit card company to give them your version of what happened. This way if you do get charged you may have a leg to stand on to dispute the charge.

Just my .02 cents

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Rodney,

Here's the deal. You got a defective unit from an etailer. That's a major disappointment and a PITA. I've had it happen with audio equipment, cameras, telephones, motorcycle gear, computer components, hams, fruit, beer, etc. I've also been able to resolve the problems with each and every one of the sellers. I was aware of their return policies BEFORE I placed the order.

You, on the other hand, are trashing 6th Ave for YOUR violation of their published return policy. It is quite evident you didn't read or understand the policy prior to purchase. That's your fault, not theirs.

I do apologize for calling you "dumb" - that was uncalled for and impolite. I do, however, consider your negative comments regarding this vendor totally unjustified. They have one of the best return policies in the business and your failure to understand and abide by it does not give you the right to make negative posts about their business. It's still "caveat emptor" and you didn't do the caveat.

Flenn,

The shot I took at you was due to your offering an opinion on a business dealing you obviously knew nothing about. These things are governed by contract law and personal opinions after the fact are simply irrelevant. Next time, know of what you speak.

Austin

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Austin I as well apologize for my unflattering opinion of you. But the fact remains, regardless of what the policy states. I had gotten an OK before hand on not having the original box. If it had been maybe the next day or even week that they had requested the old box fine, But its been almost a month! As far as my negative post, I feel I have the right to post my negative experience just as others have the right to post their positive ones. Once again please accept my apologies. :)

Tommy_W

Grip
Rodney have you tried calling 6ave and talking to chris or one of the other guys that most of ht forum's members have been dealing with to talk it over? Let it be known that you are on the board and that a lot of people are interested and have been buying from them because of this post. See if they get the idea that they might lose business over a negative feedback like yours.

I am kind of in the middle on this one...on one hand, it was your fault for throwing the boxes away before the return time has expired (you can't collapse the boxes to save room?), then again, they did tell you that it was okay and you already sent it back in. That is kind of weird how they are getting back to you so late!

Well I hope the best for your situation! I myself just got my 3802 in just this monday, but I have yet to hook it up because I am going to travel abroad tomorrow.

Michael Mathius

Senior HTF Member
Serge;

I along with many others have been using it as a pre/pro with a Parasound 1205 amp which just took my HT experience to another level. I also use it for video switching without any problems.

kevitra

Second Unit
I had a defective 3802 that I had to return to them. After they received it I didn't get my credit after one week of waiting. I called and they just hadn't got around to verifying it was 'all there' yet. They gave me my credit without even checking it (of course they could always charge me again if I sent them a box of rocks).

It took longer than I like, but when I called they were polite and resolved the problem quickly.

The 3802 is great as a preamp. I use it with a Rotel 985 (110x5) and love it.

Just got my 3802 in today and am in the process of hooking it up. Homefully I can get it done tonight so that I can sit down and relax tomorrow to a good movie!!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Y'all are making me think...
I'm waiting (too long) for the 950. Now looking at (mostly) the Denon 3802 and the H/K 520. All of you ordering and receiving, *and* using them as pre/pros (what I'd do too), is just making me salivate.
But I'm sticking to my guns: if I've waited this long for the 950, I can wait a little longer for the 3803. I'm hoping that HT show late Sept (CEDIA? CES?) will have some announcements. But keep the comments coming about the 3802! :)

Brandon H

Auditioning
Got my Denon 3802 from 6th Ave. on Monday. Replaced a Technics unit. I did find a few setup items confusing at first, but resolved those fairly quickly.
I am surprised at the diffence it has made! It sounds as if I had upgraded my speakers. Dynamics, detail, processing, all are major improvements.
I run some old Advent Heritage II towers for the mains, an Advent Center, and CSW Theater II surrounds. I had anticipated wanting to replace these when I got the Denon, now, however, I think adding an SVS sub will make a complete system. (Well, maybe going to 6.1 or 7.1 surrounds :).
The remote is not the most inuitive, but spend a little time with it and you'll find it very functional, and quite programmable. I love my Denon.

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
This is my first post. :)
But I was going to order from 6ave.com but
I spoke to a representative at Magnolia Hi-Fi,
and they said that the manufacture warranty would not
be the same if I ordered from on online retailer.
Excuse my lack of knowledge, but yes I know sales will
sometimes tell you anything to go buy at their store.
But he said he'd give it to me for 900 out the door, and if
I wanted a 4 year extended warranty, not a manufacture warranty, which is limited he said. It cost me 50 more, which I thought wasn't too bad. But anyway I was thinking of buying it at Magnolia to have a physical store in my area, and use my American Express to Price match to BuyDig.com to 692, so I think I would do this and get the receiver now instead of waiting over a week to get my receiver.
But Just wanted to say thanks to this post. I decided to get the 3802 from this Thread.

Craig W

Second Unit
6ave is an authorized dealer so the base manufacturer's warranty is the same as it would be if you bought locally.

The saleman is a liar.

Thang_N.

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Walt,

Yes Thanks, I know salesman will sometimes do anything to get the sale. But I do prefer to buy locally, especially if I can get the Price match with my credit card. I'll print out that site you gave. Show them go lower or I'll take my business elsewhere.

Thanks

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Thang,

Are you using the AMEX BLUE card? If so, they completely stopped pricematching a couple of months ago. There was a big topic about it over at anandtech.com. I was really disappointed.

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
3 days for a shipping from NY. Or you could over night it and still save $$$$$$$$$$$$$. But Hey! Support you local dealer. He needs the money for his electric bills.:D

Matt Jesty

Second Unit
Guys , little hint...I read earlier in the thread that you can take these units back to a retailer that does denon repairs.........BAD IDEA!..........I've heard horror stories about what some retail salespeople do to internet purchased products, and with some of the processor problems that have been turning up in denon 4-5 months later, I would send it back to 6th ave directly....

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Thang,

You might be able to get your local dealer to pricematch. My wife completely surprised me on xmas with a Denon 3802. She bought it from my local dealer (Tweeter) at the full price $999 knowing that I would be able to later go in there and get them to lower it. Tweeter states that they will pricematch any price as long as the other dealer is an authorized dealer. I quickly went over to Denon's website and printed out that 6ave is a Denon authorized dealer. Took the copy to Tweeter and had them call 6ave for the latest price which at the time was $740 and a couple minutes later they gave me $260 back. I really couldn't believe how easy that was. I was just waiting for somebody to turn this down. So if you have a Tweeter location in your area, you might want to check them out. It easily worked for me, so it should work for everyone else.

Walt N

Second Unit
Guys , little hint...I read earlier in the thread that you can take these units back to a retailer that does denon repairs.........BAD IDEA!..........I've heard horror stories about what some retail salespeople do to internet purchased products, and with some of the processor problems that have been turning up in denon 4-5 months later, I would send it back to 6th ave directly....
Matt, IMO the best way to deal with warranty issues (past 30 days) on Denon products, whether purchased from a brick & mortar outlet or an e-tailer, is to send the offending unit directly to Denon. If it's something complicated, this is where it will end up anyway. If it's something minor, you have a much better chance at a proper repair this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks