What's new

denon 3802 for 699 at 6ave.com (1 Viewer)

marc

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a Digital Camera from them and the experience was very good. The only problem with them is they are not a Denon Authorized Dealer, hence no Denon warranty.

Colin-H

Second Unit
Well, I finally hooked my 3802 up. I've watched about six movies so far (including LOTR) without any problems. I can't hook up the 6th man until I get my setup to its permanent location, but I'll live.

I'm very happy with my purchase so far.

JustinP

Stunt Coordinator
Just ordered mine. God, I can't wait. For those of you who had yours shipped to CA, how long did it take to arrive?

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
You have to call!!!! Phil or Chris! Those prices can not be advertised on an authorized dealers site. Good luck guys! Thats where I got mine! 6th!!!:D :emoji_thumbsup:

I went ahead and took the plunge today. I ordered the 3802 from David at 6ave.com over the phone. $731.07 including shipping. It is supposed to ship today or tomorrow and take around a week to get here via UPS ground.

I went to several local AV places yesterday, in the Phoenix area, and none of them would come any closer then $850 + tax. Obviously, they lost my business.

I'll post again when I receive it and it is setup!

Thank you everyone for participating openly on this site as it really is helpful!!!

rodney wiley

Second Unit
Would you believe I get a e-mail from 6ave stating that I didn't return all of the required info when I returned my defective 3802. They are referring to the original 3802 box which I didn't have. I informed them It would be returned in a different box and at that time it was no problem. Now they send me an e-mail stating that " to avoid a substantial restocking fee" I should return the original box or the box the second unit came in. I typically don't keep my boxes because of space limitations. It been almost a month!!!!! and now they contact me? I will NEVER deal with 6ave again based upon my first experience with them. Danny Perez is an attribute to the establishment. He was very apologetic and I feel sincere about my situation. But enough is enough.:angry: :angry:

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
Rodney,

You buy brand-new equipment mail-order and don't keep the original packing materials through the return period? HUH? What if you have to return it - like you did? Can you blame the retailer for socking it to you if you're too dumb to return it in original condition? Have you EVER bought anything mail-order or online before? Read the fine print off any website regarding returns. Don't be pissed at 6th Ave - give yourself a good going-over. Sheesh!

Austin

Aaron H

Supporting Actor
Rodney, sorry to hear about that, but I'd have to agree with Austin, too. Always gotta keep boxes thru the return period for this kind of stuff. You gotta think about it from their perspective - now they can't sell it as new.

Aaron

flenn

Agent
To rodney's defense, he did say that the 3802 was defective. If so, it should be taken care of regardless of packing materials and original boxes.

AustinKW

Stunt Coordinator
The following is straight from 6th Ave's website (Returns link under Help). Anybody have a tough time following it? Flenn? Check out the other well-known etailer and mail-order return policies - same thing. Live and learn, Rodney.

Austin

rodney wiley

Second Unit
OK wait just a minute. Austin how dare you call me dumb!!! If you think that of me fine, but after that comment I think you're an ass but I wouldn't refer to you as that simply because I have better manners! If you cannot express yourself without being insulting then it may be a good idea for you to keep your mouth shut,or your finger at bay. It was DEFECTIVE!!! after a less than a month! Actually it was less than 10 days! At the time I spoke with them it WAS NOT a problem that I didn't have the original box. Now almost a month later it is. Aron Once again it was defective!! So what you are saying is that they will repair it and repackage it in the same box? I have been a member on this forum for a short while but have NEVER felt as insulted as I do now. Im sure after you had the conversation with 6ave that I did a month ago you would be upset as well. I took this as an opportunity to voice my opinion not to be attacked personally!

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
I don't see how a business makes a profit paying for the shipping on returns in both directions. 6th Ave is really a fine dealer and you can ship the new box back (wow). What a deal. I would never have done that because of the serial numbers being different on the boxes. Also you can ship it to Denon and get it repaired without the box.
Very few internet dealers will pay the shipping! 6th and JR are first class all the way. I have yet to hear a sad story. This story has a great ending (ship the box back).
Enjoy your great rcvr for the great price that you bought it for and keep us posted on the new unit.:D :D :D

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
OK, everyone cool it. Calling another member "dumb" or an "ass" is one of the quickest ways to find your account suspended. I suggest everyone involved take a deep breath and move on to other topics.
M.

flenn

Agent
Well, I don't have a tough time following it. I just didn't see it. Thanks for pointing it out so gracefully. You must be ton of fun at parties.

That policy seems questionable and a conversation with a manager would probably result in some flexibility. I shop at 6th Ave B&M and once returned an HK AVR30 without the box. They didn't even mention it, just wanted the receipt. If you can package it in a way that they can use the same box for the return shipping, I bet they wouldn't have a problem foregoing the restock fee. You should be able to find someone willing to listen, especially if they initially OK'ed the return without the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks