What's new

Denon 3802 DPL2 popping (1 Viewer)

Willem Vos

Stunt Coordinator
Well Toni, I only know the prices of denon equipment are about 30 percent cheaper than the normal prices in Holland.

For me that's definitely worth a 1 hour drive to Germany...

Willem Vos

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've now exchanged my Denon 3802 for a new one.

I found out another problem with the "old" one: When listening to the tuner the left channel would suddenly cease functioning, so to speak.

My current unit is fine, but also exhibits the popping.

I am now convinced this is normal. The chances of getting two different units both exhibiting the same problem are very very slim.

The popping happens with all 3802s. It might be dependent on speaker type, cabling or whatever, but it happens with some configurations (like mine) when switching decoders (to and from the DPL2 decoder).

The reason my 3801 didn't have it, is because I guess it doesn't have two different decoders. (the 3802 likely has the DPL2 decoder "added")

When I pause before switching to the menu, everything is fine, so I'll just do that.

The ppl that haven't heard it popping probably haven't tried hard enough, or maybe have a configuration that "eludes" the popping somehow...

I'm definitely keeping my 3802.

Scott Kroll

Agent
Just bought a 3802 and have not experienced the sound you are talking about. I just upgraded from an old Pro Logic Denon and I absolutly love Denon and the 3802. I wouldn't change a thing.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
Hello Willem,

I own a Denon 1802 and I experience this pop from the speakers when going from menu to menu or menu to film, though it doesn't happen on every disc but most of them (I own around 250 of them). I also get a really annoying pop when I am going from DPL2 to DTS via my optical outs on my JVC CD player. I have no explanation for this, only to say that before the Denon, I had a JVC 778VBK which also did the same thing. I to would like to know what causes this.

Reg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.