denon 3802 and dobly digital ex

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by aaron_dewitt, Mar 11, 2002.

1. aaron_dewitt

aaron_dewitt Agent

Hello i know the 3802 does not say dolby digital ex on it but it does have dts es. Does this reciever handle both but because it didn't want thx ultra 2 on it it just called it a different name? Please help me. I would like a reciever that can handle both for around the same price as this one. It will be hooked up to klipsch speakers. Is the pioneer elite vsx- 36tx comparable? does this handle both? does it sound good with klipsch speakers? Thanks for the input.

2. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

Aaron, I dont know of any that handle dobly digital, is this a new format[​IMG] just kidding.
    Yes the 3802 handles both dd ex and dts-es. It is not however thx ultra 2 which I believe only a couple of recievers are pioneer 47 and 49tx come to mind

3. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

We had a maunfacturer rep post that it did and most rcvrs do. JVC 10,Onkyo 898/989 ,and Denon 4802 do THX well in that area.

I would get one of these 3= Sony 5es/Onkyo 898/ Denon3802.

For $1175 the Onkyo would be the best buy for THX. At $785 the Sony is a great buy. I have the 3802 and it works fine. That can be had for $770. If you need an equilizer for each channel, the 5es is the only one that will do it!