What's new

denon 3802 and dobly digital ex (1 Viewer)

aaron_dewitt

Agent
Hello i know the 3802 does not say dolby digital ex on it but it does have dts es. Does this reciever handle both but because it didn't want thx ultra 2 on it it just called it a different name? Please help me. I would like a reciever that can handle both for around the same price as this one. It will be hooked up to klipsch speakers. Is the pioneer elite vsx- 36tx comparable? does this handle both? does it sound good with klipsch speakers? Thanks for the input.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Aaron, I dont know of any that handle dobly digital, is this a new format;) just kidding.
Yes the 3802 handles both dd ex and dts-es. It is not however thx ultra 2 which I believe only a couple of recievers are pioneer 47 and 49tx come to mind

Earl Simpson

Supporting Actor
We had a maunfacturer rep post that it did and most rcvrs do. JVC 10,Onkyo 898/989 ,and Denon 4802 do THX well in that area.

I would get one of these 3= Sony 5es/Onkyo 898/ Denon3802.

For $1175 the Onkyo would be the best buy for THX. At $785 the Sony is a great buy. I have the 3802 and it works fine. That can be had for $770. If you need an equilizer for each channel, the 5es is the only one that will do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks