1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3802 and component switching

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Samonte, Jun 24, 2002.

1. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Is anyone actually using the component switch on this thing? I tried it but it seems it makes the PQ suffer considerably. I need some info on this before I go and get Canare cables for the DVD palyer and the Xbox.....already am running Canare from rec to TV.

2. Larry Vale

Larry Vale Auditioning

Generally it's not the cables that are at fault its the switchers bandwidth and internal amplifiers. If you need to switch component still having the receiver in your system I'll suggest even a used extron switch. I use that...even the old RGBV ones will work since they go out to 200 mghz vs the a lot less in most receivers. Each channel is switched independenty and theres no amplification. I had a real issue with that switching thru a panasonic receiver going to a Hitachi HDTV from a panny TU 50. Cables are seldom the problem in my experience. If you want to get better cables and try that I'd suggest going to BB, CC or even rat shack so you can easily return them. Theres unbelieveable margins in all that stuff! Needless Markup!

Larry