What's new

Denon 3802 and component switching (1 Viewer)

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
Is anyone actually using the component switch on this thing? I tried it but it seems it makes the PQ suffer considerably. I need some info on this before I go and get Canare cables for the DVD palyer and the Xbox.....already am running Canare from rec to TV.

Larry Vale

Auditioning
Generally it's not the cables that are at fault its the switchers bandwidth and internal amplifiers. If you need to switch component still having the receiver in your system I'll suggest even a used extron switch. I use that...even the old RGBV ones will work since they go out to 200 mghz vs the a lot less in most receivers. Each channel is switched independenty and theres no amplification. I had a real issue with that switching thru a panasonic receiver going to a Hitachi HDTV from a panny TU 50. Cables are seldom the problem in my experience. If you want to get better cables and try that I'd suggest going to BB, CC or even rat shack so you can easily return them. Theres unbelieveable margins in all that stuff! Needless Markup!

Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks