What's new

Denon 3802/4802 - NO FRONT INPUTS?? (1 Viewer)

bryan_chow

Agent
I just found out that the Denon 3802 and 4802 do not have front inputs. Isn't that a major inconvenience? When I play my PS2 or Dreamcast I always take it out of the closet and plug it to the front input of my Sony receiver.

What do you guys do with your game consoles?

Bryan

RyanDinan

Stunt Coordinator
I think most people would prefer to connect it to the front A/V inputs on the TV. If you have the TV's audio out going to the receiver, there's no reason to loop the video through it....unless of course you don't want to manually switch the receiver's audio AND the TV's video...

-Ryan

Jordan Tracey

Stunt Coordinator
UGH! If you have a PS2 or X-box why would you just connect with analog rca mess? Or even s-video? Forget that....When I get them, they are getting connected with Component video and opitcal digital input. Anyways, Xbox games are coming in 16:9 1080i...with DD surround....Who needs analog inputs on the front?!

Jay_E

Stunt Coordinator
with DD surround....Who needs analog inputs on the front?!
Some receivers (including my Onkyo 898) have an optical digital input on the front. For receivers that have no front inputs, I recommend using male-to-female cables plugged into a rear input and have the female end near the front of the receiver. This way you don't have to get behind your receiver everytime you want to plug something in.

Jay

Bernard L

Stunt Coordinator
yah, I never really understood why denon doesn't add the front inputs.

I mean, I doubt it costs them much for the added option... and chances are, they'll manage to sell enough extra machines to cover the costs.

Jordan Tracey

Stunt Coordinator
Why not just keep the gaming system out all the time? Like in a shelf like the other components? I don't see the reasoning it putting it up in a closet...My friend's brother does that...I just keep mine out all the time and not hassle with hooking it up and stuff...

Mike_A

Stunt Coordinator
or just leave the PS2 end of the plug hanging loose and the video/audio end plugged into the receiver....

i personally feel like front inputs are a wasted input since I like to leave everything hooked up, and it sure is ugly with cables running to the front when i need that last input

Chip E

Screenwriter
My XBox is sitt'n right in the rack with my other gear. Bottom shelf, connected via component & TosLink. :)
- Chip

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks