denon 3801 delay in audio signal from satellite

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark*Dafoe, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Mark*Dafoe

Mark*Dafoe Auditioning

I'm looking for help. I'm getting about a one second delay on my audio on certian satellite channels. I've got two feeds coming of my satellite, one to my Denon 3801 reciever and the other a second TV. The second TV is fine but on certian channels on the primary system, I'm getting a delay in the audio. My satellite server is Bell Expressview.
    Has anyone had a similar problem? Any thoughts on how to fix?

2. Chris Madalena

Chris Madalena Stunt Coordinator

Mark,

I have a 3801 as well along with Dish Network and also notice a delay at times. I've often wondered if it was the satellite signal itself, my 3801, or my tv. The manual for my Pioneer 533 says that when engaging the Pure Cinema setting (3:2 pulldown) you may see a slight delay in audio sync. I'm more inclined to believe it's a combination of the incoming signal and my tv.

3. Mark*Dafoe

Mark*Dafoe Auditioning

My problem is that it only has a delay on 4 or 5 channels while all the others work fine. The channels are in the upper spectrum live "Scream" and "Drive In"

4. Mark*Dafoe

Mark*Dafoe Auditioning

Chris, I guess I'll know soon if it's the TV. The one I'm using now is a Proscan 36 inch but I've got a Toshiba 65HDX82 on order. I'm hoping it will arrive soon.

5. Mark*Dafoe

Mark*Dafoe Auditioning

In case anyone cares, At the suggestion of someone on another board, I moved the power for the satellite receiver off the power bar and connected direct to the wall plug. Everything is back to normal. I have no idea why it worked but it did.