What's new

Denon 3801 Component Switching (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Guys I have the Denon 3801 and currently have my dvd player connected directly to my tv via component cables. Now with the gamecube and Xbox here I want to connect them via component cables also. Question anyone know if the 3801 supports switching(i believe it does) and how many devices it can switch between? Also what about the necessary bandwidth? Thanks in advance for the help

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Jarrett, the 3801 does suppport the switching. It has two sets of component video inputs. As for the bandwith, I'm not sure.

J

John Morris

Yes, the 3801 does switch 2 component inputs. Denon says that it switches HD sources and any reports that I've seen report no, or very little, degradation of video. However, when it was measured, it did not support the bandwidth necessary to support full HD (1920 x 1024?). This is a mooot point for now though, since not many HDTVs actually have video amplifiers which even support this resolution and no one is even broadcasting HD at a resolution approaching full HD. Therefore, any decrease in resolution by using the component video switching of the 3801 will probably not be noticable to the eye.
------------------
Take Care,
merc
----------------
Link Removed
God Bless America!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508