What's new

Denon 3800 (1 Viewer)

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Some say that for the money this is the best picture quality out there.Almost 3D. There has been some issues with the picture skipping locking up etc. Denon says that all these problems have been fixed by installing a new laser pickup assembly. I believe if you buy one with a mfg. date after Oct. 2002 it should have it.If you look at the serial number on the box, it should start out 1002xxxx which states month and year. Not positive about Oct. it might be Dec. Others might want to clarify.

Seth V

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,

I once owned a Denon 3800(feb02 build)and I absolutely loved it! I really hated to return it, but had to, due to constant freeze ups, and heat issues. Well, i'm finally ready to get another 3800(Jan03 built). The new ones are supposed to have all the fixes(i'm hoping).

IMHO, the Denon 3800 offers the absolute best progressive scan images from any DVD player i've seen for under $2,500. Audio is equally impressive as well, offering fine perfomance from DVD-Audio and Redbook CD. I highly recommend this player.

SV

Brian W

Stunt Coordinator
Ken, Seth-

Thanks for responding. I just found out from a local dealer that the 3900 is coming out in May, lower priced, said it will merge the 2800 and the 3800 and include SACD with DVDA. No other specs available. I may wait to see if it has the quality level specs that the 3800 has, need especially the 4x3 shrink that the 2800 does not have. If it more closely resembles the 2800 I will not be interested, but in that case I'm sure there will be another step up that will resemble the 3800.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks