Denon 3600 vs Outlaw 950 770 combo

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mike.D.K, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

I have a Denon avr3600 I have used for almost six years. How much of a difference would I hear going from it to the Outlaw 950-770 combo? This is quite abit of money for me and I'm trying to figure out if it is worth the move. Actually I am trying to convice my wife and myself! I am using Klipsch speakers. My understanding is that they fixed the hiss a couple weeks ago. If the difference is slight then I will stick with the 3600. What do you think?

2. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Mike,
    I have the 3600, though currently in a closet,retired.[​IMG]
    I upgraded 2 years ago to the 3801,and it was worth,for a little more then half the price I paid for the 3600.
    I currently have the Outlaw 950 but with Parasound amps,and it was yet again a small but worthy change.
    Outlaw has a 30 day trial money back policy if you not convinced you can send them back for a full refund.
    I would give 'em try.

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Mike:

I think the Outlaw combo is the way to go. I have heard nothing but great things from friends that own this combo. I believe that you would notice a significant difference between the Denon you are using now and the Outlaw combo. I guarantee you if I had the money I would be getting this combo myself.

Parker

4. Bill Polley

Bill Polley Second Unit

I also own a 950 with Parasound amps. This is a fantastic combo. I also have friends who bought Outlaw amps, I would bet the 950/770 combo would be at least as good, although I have never teamed my 950 with any of their Outlaw amps. (maybe I should do that!)

5. Mike.D.K

Mike.D.K Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys for the replies. I really want to make the upgrade,just have to convince the wife.I just talked her into a dvd player upgrade. Went from the old Sony3000 to the RP82.What a difference that made with the picture. Would the Denon to Outlaw be as big a jump in results as the dvd upgrade was? My wife has that train of thought(if its not broke don't fix it).