What's new

Denon 3400 and sound dropouts (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Got the 3400 a few days ago and after hooking it up I've started having audio dropouts mostly when I ff or rw
while watching tv.
Also Happens on Netflix.

Did a soft reset and that didn't help.
To get audio back I have to rewind and ff 2 or more times.

Thinking it's a defective unit.
Will be in touch with the seller if I can't find a fix for it.

Anyone have any ideas on tis?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you saying you're getting dropouts during playback or you're getting dropouts when fast forwarding? If it's the latter what's the big deal?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
To be more clear after ff or rewind and going back to play, the audio is dropped and there is no audio.

I have to hit the skip back or forward button several times to get audio to come back.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
To add to Robert's question asking for clarity, is this happening with all source components, or only one of them?

I have last year's version of that unit -- the 3300 -- and the sound mutes when I fast forward with most of my components (the Panny BD player has stuttering audio when pressing FF once, but goes silent at 2xFF or faster). However, the sound resumes properly once I return to normal playback for all components.

If it's only one component giving you a problem, I would try a new HDMI cable, as you may be having a handshake issue. I would recommend using only premium certified high speed cables -- they are a must for any 4K + HDR source. Monoprice and Bluejeans both sell them for a very reasonable price. I am using Monoprice's certified cables for all my 4K connections, but am still using older HDMI cables for my old 1080p source components without any issues.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
This is my Fourth denon over the last 17 years and this is the first time I’ve had this issue.

I do have those hdmi cables connected from mono price.

I have the Dtv box into the denon with older hdmi.
The 4K Blu-ray is into the denon with new premium certified hdmi. Everything is fed into the tv with one pc’d hdmi.

Same set up as previous just swapped out 3313 for the 3400.

Drops are when watching tv with the Dtv dvr and watching Netflix through the app on the Sony 4K Blu-ray.

There’s never been any sound when ff or rw. The audio on previous Denon returns immediately when I hit play after ff or rw.
Now it does not.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I didn’t think it would’ve so hard to describe.
I ff and then release ff or hit play and the audio does not return. No sound.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
For what it’s worth here’s a link to a short video of When audio drops and how I get it back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks