What's new

Denon 3313 vs Yamaha 1030 (1 Viewer)

jackbur23

Agent
Real Name
Jackie
Are these receivers pretty similar? I got a defective denon and am exchanging it for the Yamaha...just wondering if the sound is going to be comparable. I'm running Polk RTI 8's, CSI a6 center, FXi a6 surrounds and RTI 6 fronts...all rated at 8 ohm

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm looking at the Denon AVR-3313CI. Wondering what you ended up with and why you didn't want another denon?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I did get a refurbished by Denin 3313.After a couple of weeks it started to have a problem.It would click, I suppose it was the processor, and shut off then on repeatedly.I've had it for about two months and it got worse so now I have it in the mail as a return and replacement from Denon.

cmndr brain

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Sorry to hear that. That's why I'm having so much trouble deciding. I've had 3 Denons and they've been flawless. But, I keep hearing the new ones have quit a few problems. Although there are 10x more posts about people who love them and have no problems and many many more posts about how much better the sound is over the other brands. But, I realize that is subjective. My other consideration is the Yamaha RX-A1020. I'm not in a huge hurry. My current system is a Denon 2105 and absolutely love it. My only reason for upgrading is that 7 months ago my 32" tube tv bit the dust. I finally bought a new LED tv. Now I have lip-sync issues when watching movies. These new receivers should fix that. And I need a receiver that does hdmi switching. Decisions, desisions. If you get your system back in the next week or so, let me know how you like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks