1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 3300 Remote problem? Help!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Geelan, Nov 11, 2001.

1. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

For some reason my Denon 3300 remote won't bring up the SYSTEM SETUP screen when I have a DVD in my PP91. Somehow my system got screwed up and I'm having a hard time getting the proper adjustments done.
    For instance my system says its on OPTICAL 1 but it should be showing COAXIAL.
    I need to get to the SYSTEM SETUP through the remote but when I press SYSTEM SETUP the remote doesn't do anything. Can't figure out whats wrong.
    Checked the batteries, re-did the microprosseser on the 3300 back to default settings, still the SYSTEM SETUP screen won't appear so I can make adjustments to the DIGITAL INPUTS screen.
    Any ideas?
    JohnG [​IMG]
    ------------------

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

^
    ------------------

3. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

Problem solved. As was suggested over at AVS, I checked my video cable from my TV to the 3300. The Radio Shack video cable (yellow ring) had come undone from its sheath probably due to all the twisting and bending that was needed behind the 3300. All those cables are a pain. This one had become defect not to the naked eye but once I pulled it out from the socket it fell apart in my hands.
    So now I can get to SYSTEM SETUP and correct my DIGITAL INPUTS. Pheeewwwww!
    JohnG [​IMG]
    ------------------