Denon 3300 Problems

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I had just bought an Xbox and I plugged the optical cord one of the three slots. I wouldn't get any sound from the Xbox. I had set the Digital Input menu saying that opt 1 is for VDP. So I then made the Xbox in the DVD slot and told Opt 1 to be for DVD, sound works great. But I can't VDP or anything else to work for any other opt or Coaxil. Can the Denon only allow digital sound to the DVD slot and that's it? If so, then what is the point in having 3 opticals and 1 coaxil? Am I just setting it up wrong?
    thank you

2. John Geelan

John Geelan Screenwriter

My 3300 for instance is hooked up to my Sony Digital Cable box using an optical cable from the cable box to the receiver at Optical 3. I set the DIGITAL INPUTS menu at TV/DBS to Optical 3 and the sound is great.
    So it can be done.
    BTW, I use coaxial for the dvd input.
    You probably just need to fine tune the DIGITAL INPUT menu to the proper Optical input you are using...1 2 or 3, since the 3300 has 3 Optical inputs.
    The top one is Number 1, the next down is #2 and the last one which is right next to the Coaxial input is #3.
    JohnG
    ------------------

3. Kevin_W

Kevin_W Second Unit

Chad:
    John is right, it has to be the input setting on the Denon, though as a current 3300 owner and a future xbox purchaser, keep us posted of your findings.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

4. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Well, your guys where righht, thank you. It was my stupidity that got in the way. I guess after you set the digital inputs, you have to press auto on the front of the reciever for it to access it. Thanks guys for the help, and putting up with my stupidity.