Denon 3200 and Overload. No DVD Audio Now!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Chris Bedard, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Chris Bedard

Chris Bedard Stunt Coordinator

I have a Denon 3200 that I've had for a little over 4 years. I just got Direct TV installed today. Now the Optical Digital Audio input has never worked on this receiver since I bought it (it was a store model at the time), so I've been using the coaxial digital audio for my DVD for years. Anyways, I tried the optical again for the Direct TV, and it still didn't work. Since I was back there, I tried to hook my DVD up with the optical to see if maybe it was just a cable problem. It wasn't. However, now that I've got my coax cable back in, I still get no sound from DVD's anymore, and the Overload light comes on and stays on when on DVD. I get sound fine from every other input, and the picture is still fine, so I'm at a loss here. I've triple checked the input selections to make sure they are correct, and they are.

Can anyone help me with this? Or did my digital inputs just all die?

Thanks

2. Jai

Jai Agent

Check your settings Chris. You should be able to specify between digital and analog for each mode on your Receiver. Also check your DTV receiver digital settings for bitstream or PCM. Someone that owns your model will chime in. Goodluck

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    Disconnect and reconnect your speaker wires, and check for stray wires. Sounds like you may have shorted one or two out while you were back there.

4. Chris Bedard

Chris Bedard Stunt Coordinator

I checked everything, and still couldn't get it fixed. I ended up buying a 3803 yesterday and set it up. Everything works great, so it wasn't a speaker shorting out. Oh well, I'll have the 3200 looked at to see what the damage is.

Thanks

5. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Chris: You're gonna love the 3803! The 3200 was a good unit but the 3803 is like a whole 'nuther league...