What's new

Denon 2910 or 955 (1 Viewer)

Nathan s c

Grip
I'm in the market for a new DVD and I'm looking very hard at the Denon 2910 I don't have a high def plasma or anything just a Toshiba cinema series but will upgrade to plasma or Lcd within a couple of years so my choices may be a little over kill. Anyway what is the difference between the 2910 and the Denon 955. Why should I pick one over the other or should I just look for a used Denon 2900 until I'm ready to upgrade the TV.
Thank you for the help. Believe me I need it.

Chris Gerhard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris Gerhard
I believe the DVD-955 is silver, 2910 black. Otherwise there is no difference. I have never owned nor seen either perform but my conclusion when considering this Denon design is that better performance can be found for less money.

Chris

Nathan s c

Grip
I'm open to other players so what other ones should I be looking for. I'm having a hard time tracking down a Denon. I have started my research and the denon always comes up as one of the best. My main concern is that I get a combo that has excellent Audio and very good Video. I'm limited on the video portion of my set up right now since I only have a tube type tv.
Thanks
Nathan

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would stick with the Denon but if you want to check out other players I would check out Sony and Panasonic. I own three different dvd players currently. My cheapy player is a Pioneer, but the greens are alittle overdone IMO. My second machine is a Sony DVP-S9000 ES dvd/sacd player that has a very good picture. And the third is a newer Denon DVD-2200 that IMHO has a picture that is just as good as my $1600 Sony ES. Until this past October my tv was a Toshiba 31" CRT that was 11yrs old. I now use a Sony KDF-E50A10 50" HDTV and movies look alot better when watching dvd's. IMHO Denon dvd players can compete performance wise with players costing more money. Hope theis helps?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks