Denon 2910 no picture

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by mylan, Jul 8, 2006.

1. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

Last night We sat down to watch a DVD and the audio was playing but there was no video. There was a black screen and some flashing present where there is usually blue screen until the disc loads. I have had this happen once before and the fix was the HDMI cable had worked loose behind the DVD player. This time I reseated everything to no avail, I even disconnected HDMI and ran some component cables I had but still the same thing. I did make sure the player was set up on the HDMI or component cables.
    The Denon is connected directly to a Sony RP LCD via HDMI but the audio is connected through an older Yamaha receiver (no HDMI switching) using a digital connection. I was thinking bad HDMI cable until I connected components. Is there anything else I should look at?

2. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

I now have the problem solved if any of you run into this. Apparently we had a quick power blip that day so all the settings defaulted. I bought another HDMI cable in case but I removed the power card from the back of the DVD player and reconnected it as well as reconnected the HDMI and I now have sound and video.