Denon 2910 dvd-audio question

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Derek Ambrose, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Derek Ambrose

I do not own many dvd-audio discs, but I am having trouble getting my 2910 to recognize the "dvd-audio" layer of a few discs.

Everything seems to be hooked up correctly (5.1 out cables from player etc.) and I do not have a problem listing to the various layers of any sacd.

My copy of "On The Beach" seems to play back in dvd-audio, but I have copies of "Harvest" and "Sea Change" that will only playback the DD or DTS layer. I can't find a way to get the 2910 to recognize the dvd-a portion.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

2. Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw Screenwriter

Michael Osadciw
    Usually there is a priority setting on DVD-Audio players in the setup menu. Be sure to check that the Denon is set to read DVD-Audio information first (in priority).

Mike

3. Derek Ambrose

Thanks Mike,

I thought of that, but the 2910 has little to no info in the setup referencing dvd-audio. It has a bit for sacd (including the ability to use the remote to specifically select multi, steroe or cd layers).

The only section I found reading the manual again at work is an area to access to give priority to audio over video, but it sounds like I would have no access to the video portion of the dvd-audio disc.

I will give it a try.

Thanks again.