What's new

Denon 2900 on the way...now what? (1 Viewer)

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new-used Denon 2900.

What will I need to hook up the 2900 to my Denon AVR 2803?

I suspect that the DACs in the 2900 will be superior to those in my Denon AVR 2803. To that end, I've already ordered a set of analog cables from signalcable . I will continue to use my silver coax from outlawaudio for DVD.

What do I need to hook up the DVD-A and SACD? Also, please suggest a good source to pick up the needed interconnects. I'd like to spend around $50-$75 if that is possible. Double that of course if a seperate connection is needed for DVD-A and SACD.

thanks
dan

Mort Corey

Supporting Actor
I believe you'll need five analog cable for SCAD and DVD-A (plus one for the sub) to connect from the player to the receiver.....and like John pointed out, good component cables. You've got the coax audio cable so you're all set.

Mort

dan-0

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions folks. A few things:

My Toshiba 32" tv (my next upgrade) does not have a component in, I will continue to use my s-video connection for now.

I already have a SPL meter and digital video esstionals calabration disk.

Looks like I need a 6 channel audio cable to hook up the sacd/dvda. I'm just a little confused, 'cause when I look at the pdf file for the 2900 is shows a six connections and seventh if needed. Well, like any good denon manual, it doesn't do a good job of explaining what the seventh connection is for, but I'm guessing it would be if you are connecting video via rca cable and not s-video or component video.

My second point of confusion is when I go to blue jean cable ,they offer 5, 6, 7, & 8 channel cable.

Anyway, obviously I'm looking at blue jean cable, but is there any other suggestions where to get my 6 channel cable. I like the blue jean cable, as they add a 'techflex' cable jacket that will keep the cables bundled toghether and help keep everything from being such a cluster**** in back.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Oooo dan-O You still have the HDTV plunge to take in your future. I will be most curious as to your impressions on SACD and/or DVD-A.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Blue Jeans Cable's 6ch set has worked for me and my SACD and DVD-A multich connections. I believe the range of 5-8 cables is there to support the needs of 5.1 and 7.1, including the 5 and 7 channel cases where the customer already owns a sub interconnect. Example: Person has 7.1 receiver with subwoofer interconnect + speaker connections out. Then person gets a 7ch amp and now needs 7 more interconnects.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks