What's new

Denon 2900 Dvd-a/sacd Player At Ces!! (1 Viewer)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
Again, I ask, why can't they put the best stuff in a DVD changer? With all the long movies split across 2 discs these days, 2 disc SE's, and TV series on DVD, it's really handy to have more than 1 disc in the player.
Yet, all the changers on the market seem to have the lower-end components.
Are 1-disc capacity players supposed to make some kind of statement like "We jammed so much good stuff in here there's only room for one disc?"
I guess it would be harder to minimize vibration with the extra moving parts, but I think it could be done without sacrificing too much performance.
This player looks like it could be truely awesome, but 1 grand is a big price to pay for something that only holds one disc. Wouldn't it be nice for a Universal player to be able to hold more than 1 audio disc or 1 disc or more of each format it can play?

Serge Ch

Agent
Again, I ask, why can't they put the best stuff in a DVD changer? With all the long movies split across 2 discs these days, 2 disc SE's, and TV series on DVD, it's really handy to have more than 1 disc in the player.
Yet, all the changers on the market seem to have the lower-end components.
Are 1-disc capacity players supposed to make some kind of statement like "We jammed so much good stuff in here there's only room for one disc?"
...Wouldn't it be nice for a Universal player to be able to hold more than 1 audio disc or 1 disc or more of each format it can play?
Pioneer is coming this June with universal DVD/DVD-A/SACD changer. The changer actualy will be part of home theater-in-a box system with wireless surround speakers. I don't know if they gonna offer version of the changer which sold separatly.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I just saw mention of this player in the (newly arrived) current issue of WSR's coverage of CES. I'm going to be lazy, but anyone know if the video chipset it's going to use (Silicon Image?, not Faroudja?) will have the chroma bug?

RickardL

Supporting Actor
Silicon Image SiL 504 and I have seen statements from Denon that
say that the chroma bug is gone now:
"Internally, rather than building on last year’s problem-plagued DVD-2800 platform, the DVD-2900 architecture is based on the DVD-3800, with a few compromises to meet its $999 price point. “The chroma bug is long gone,” representatives in the Denon booth assured me, “You can print that!” "
http://www.smr-home-theatre.org/ces2.../page_03.shtml

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Rickard, thanks for posting that quote. It's rare that you read such a direct statement from a manufacturer of anything. It suggests that Denon is in touch with its clientele's or possible clientele's frustration with recent Denon DVD players. I am especially surprised by the statement of "last year’s problem-plagued DVD-2800 platform". Refreshing.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Well Keith they ahve likely already sold off their stock of the 2800 they made their money so of course they cans ay its crap now... well kinda :)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
could someone post an example of the Denon GUI/OSD?

is it pretty (helpful) or UGLY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks