What's new

Denon 2900 discontinued? (1 Viewer)

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
I got the new issue of Stereophile's Guide to Home Theater yesterday with the recommended components section. On dvd players, they list the 2900 as and 9000 as discontinued. Anyone know if this is true? The 2900 still appears on the Denon web site.

WayneF

Auditioning
I don't believe the 2900 has been discontinued as it is probably Denon's most popular current model. I'm guessing that this is a typo and they meant to list the Denon DVD-2800 as no longer available.

Jeffrey R

Stunt Coordinator
First, I don't believe the 2900 is discontinued either. Second, don't take what these magazines say as the gospel.

The latest Sound and Vision did a summary of all universal DVD players, and listed the specs of each. I forget which one they messed up, but they had one of the Denon 2200/2900 as having the faroudja deinterlacer, and one of them having the silicon image deinterlacer. In reality, the 2200/2900 both have the same video section, including the Silicon Image deinterlacer.

Take what these magazines say with a grain of salt.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
The only reason Denon would discontinue the 2900 model is if they bring out a similar model with Denon Link for the new 3805. Denon has said there is a player in the works, and I would imagine it would replace the 2900. But none of that is confirmed yet.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
yeah, a replacement with Denon-Link is in the pipes, hopefully we'll have an announcement in a few weeks (with shipment in a few more, HOPEFULLY)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've been waiting for it to be discontinued...:D I want to see what is going to replace it! Faroudja from the 5900? New Silicon Image? No CUE? The 3800 has been discontinued for a long time, so I don't think that is what they are talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks