Denon 2815 or Yamaha C950

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Rokzi, Nov 5, 2005.

1. Rokzi

Rokzi Stunt Coordinator

Rodel
    I'm trying to get a new multi-DVD/CD player and had the Denon 2815 as my top choice (it being a safe/good choice) but saw a a yamaha demo unit at a local good guys for $329.

I could search topics re: 2815 here but have not seen any for the yammy mentioned. Anyone here owns one (or had tried one or both)? Please can you share your thought? Pros & Cons vs each other.

Ask me if you need more info from me.

I currently have a panasonic F85s and will move that to the other room once a get the new player.

One of my qualms with the panny is when i'm trying to play CDs (or multiple CDs). It doesn't autoplay CDs and somehow it doesn't work like a "real CD" player when I'm using it as a CD player (I also have a Denon multi-CD player but also will be giving it away or move it to another room [doesn't have opt. out]).

Here are my other equip. if it helps.

Mitsh. 46" WS RPTV (2001/2002?) model.
    HK AVR 525
    MA Bronze 2 main+center
    SVS PCi 20-39

JBL N24II surrounds

Thanks.

2. Rokzi

Rokzi Stunt Coordinator

Rodel
    nada?

3. Chris Gerhard

Chris Gerhard Screenwriter

Chris Gerhard
    The Yamaha C950 has HDMI output and is an upscaling player so if it is used with an HDTV with HDMI/DVI input, that is the player of these two I would choose. I don't believe your older Mitsubishi RPTV has DVI and you will be using component connections. The DM-2815 uses the excellent Faroudja FLI2200 de-interlacer and I like the picture quality really well but I have never seen the Yamaha. You will have to determine if either or both of these players offer the CD playback options you want, I don't know. If having HDMI for future use is important, then again the C950 would be the better choice.

Chris

4. Dan Driscoll

Dan Driscoll Supporting Actor

The Yamaha is pretty new, there's not much in the way of user or professional reviews on it yet. However, in addition to the HDMI, the Yamaha also plays SACDs, the Denon does not.