What's new

Denon 2807 Upgrade? (1 Viewer)

VirginiaTheaterGuy

Auditioning
Real Name
Dennis
Built a home theater into new home back in 2009 and used Denon 2807. Loved it. Sold the home and moved. Now I have a dedicated space in our basement (roughly 20'X12'X8').

As I look at components, I'm wondering if I'll get any true value from upgrading to the newer Denon X4400H. Great sale on it now at $900, but I'm just not sure it's needed. We use the theater solely for sports and movies.

I'll need to buy new projector, screen, and surrounds (they all stayed with the home). I did keep my SVS sub and will use it. I have older Klipsch RC3 Fronts and Center. I know they are pretty old, but they still give great sound. Those might be able to be upgraded if I keep the current Denon.

What do you think?

Thanks!
Dennis

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Lots of new technology since 2009, such as 4k. If your current equipment, or equipment soon to be acquired, is 4k you might want to upgrade your receiver. No reason to upgrade the speakers if you’re happy with them.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Like Robert says, that's a deal you can't pass up. I paid $900 for my Denon 4300 6 months ago and that was a deal. It gives you 9.2 speakers, and adding an AutoSource 100vs Amp for the other 2 ceiling speakers gives you 7.2.4. All for a few dollars over $1K.

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I would defiantly move up but I would also look at Marantz before you pull the trigger on a new Denon. Don't get me wrong I do like Denon a lot and there are both owned by the same company so they share a lot of the same technology. Let us know how everything works out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks