Denon 2805 Zone 2 question

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Galvin, May 25, 2005.

1. John Galvin

John Galvin Auditioning

I have a 2805 set up with all my audio and video components routed through it:
    CD - optical
    DVD - Component and optical
    DVD-r component and optical
    DirecTV - s-video and optical

My problem is I cannot get sound from these components when I select them in zone 2. I can get the tuner to work, but nothing else.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    John

2. John S

John S Producer

On that AVR zone 2 connections are only avaiable for analog sources. Hook-up the analog inputs and I'll bet you get it to work.

The reasoning for this? The DAC and Processor is being used by the main zone, so they are not available for zone 2.

3. John Galvin

John Galvin Auditioning

Thanks John - I was getting concerned about the lack of response, but knew my question was specialized to a specific group of forum members!

Do you know if it is OK to have the analog and the optical hooked up at the same time? With both, will the system use the optical on the main zone and the analog on zone 2 (only)?

The A/V cable companies love my business!

4. John S

John S Producer

Pretty sure, as long as your source device outputs both at the same time as most all DVD players do, this will work just fine.

You may have to use a different input than what is associated with the particular digital input. Otherwise your auto input select may get confused with it. You would know quick enough if it did, cause you will only DPLII/ect.. as your surround mode from your main zone.

5. Joey B

Joey B Stunt Coordinator

As long as your input mode is set to "Auto", zone one will receive the Digi in and zone two will go analog.

6. John Galvin

John Galvin Auditioning

Thank you both for the info. I added analog cables and zone 2 works great! And the zone 1 feed is still digital from the optical cables![​IMG]

When I asked the salesperson at the goodguys about this he told me I needed to add another amp[​IMG] ! Nice, eh?

7. John S

John S Producer

Sales people... No comment... [​IMG]

Glad you got it working fairly easily for sure.