What's new

Denon 2805 vs Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K (1 Viewer)

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
After listening to them all myself, I CAN'T be swayed, unless the price jumps out of my price range :D

Shiu

Second Unit
When I A/B the 3805 and the 2805 last year in a high end store using some Definitive Tech speakers, I could not tell the difference between the two. The Diana Krall live in Paris DVD was used for the demo. In another hi end store, the sales rep A/B between a Yamaha RX-V2400 and a Anthem separate system for me. In that case, I thought the Anthem was better in terms of clarity at loud volume.

I do think the 3805 has a nice amp section. I have to listen very hard to convince myself that my separate power amplifiers sounds better. Even then, I am not sure if my separates are really better. May be I need better speakers.

I am sure Kevin will be happy with either one.

Kevin_F

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I was mistaken, I CAN be swayed :b

Yesterday, I went to a local store to test out some PSB speakers and in addition to the speakers I found that they were authorized Marantz dealers. I figured that since I am there, "why not" see how these sound.

I informed the salesman that I was pretty set on purchasing the Denon 2805 because I liked what I had heard when I tested it out last week, but that I would take a listen to the Marantz. In store he had the 5500 and connected it to the PSB T55, what a "wonderful" sound I heard from the both of them. Both me and my wife listened to some music that we brought and then we put on Matrix Reloaded, the clarity between the receiver and speakers was better than I expected.

Long story short, I will now be getting PSB speakers and a Marantz receiver. My wife says that I should get the 7500 for the extra power and I am going to get the PSB T65 to match with it. I will let you know how it works out when I get it all home. :D

Rokzi

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rodel
why don't you try bringing both receivers home so you can audition them both side by side? Check with them on their return policies to see if you can do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks