Denon 2805 to auto eq or not

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Mike_J_Potter, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Mike_J_Potter

Mike_J_Potter Second Unit

I just upgraded from a old Harmon kardon AVR125 to a denon 2805. I was wondering is the Auot EQ worth it or should I calibrate it with my Meter and Avia? The speakers are Infinity Entra .5 sats (front and rear) a entra center, and a SVS pb10-ISD. If I do auto eq I am planning to check the sub calibration anyways to make sure its not too hot. Once I get the entertainment center put back together, I will play around with it and see what it is like, but your experiences would be helpful.

2. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Go ahead and do the auto-eq, well worth it in my experience. If you don't like it you can turn it off.

3. Mike_J_Potter

I tried the auto eq today and kept on getting an error. I am assuming it is since I am running the system in 5.1 with the other 2 speakers set to the zone 2 to make it test in 5.1. I still get an error.

4. Mort Corey

Mort Corey Supporting Actor

What kind of error were you getting? I run 5.1 on my 3805 and the auto EQ does try to access the missing channels but it doesn't stop the EQ function.

Mort

5. Mike_J_Potter

Got it! Turns out I forgot to switch the input on the receiver to the mic and not aux. doh! Now to wait for the AC to turn off so I can get a accurate measurement.