1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Denon 2805 or 3805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Scotty V, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Scotty V

Scotty V Auditioning

Is the Denon 3805 ($950) worth the extra $300 over the 2805 ($650) or should I take the extra 300 dollars and get better speakers? I'm looking at Polk's RT series and there is more speaker available in this line that $300 would held defray. My budget is pretty tight at about $1800 for both the Receiver and speakers. One thought was to get the best receiver I can now and upgrade the speakers next year since I have a year to trade them in for full credit at Tweeter if I upgrade the speakers (no upgrade credit for the receiver). Any opinions would be welcomed.

2. John S

John S Producer

The worth it or not, certainluy depends more on your needs than anything esle. In general, I will say yes it is or at least it would be worth it to me.

I mean, look at what you get in a Pioneer 1014 / the new 1015. Are the Denon's worth it compared? Well once again in general I say yes they are. I am going to go audition the newer Pioneer model this weekend. I have to see what all the buzz is about for myself.