Denon 2805 & 5.1 speaker question

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by RichardJB, Aug 1, 2006.

1. RichardJB

RichardJB Stunt Coordinator

Just moved into the new house after 2years of construction, bought the 2805 2 years ago and it has been in storage. Just took it out of the box,
    nice!! I currently have it hooked up to 2 Acoustic Research towers that Ive had for a few years. It sounds very good although I only have an FM ant
    hooked up now(still unpacking) My question is I am looking for an inexpensive
    sub $500 5.1 speaker system to use while I save my money for the new SVS
    system. Does anyone know of any that are ok-to-descent to hook up until
    I can buy what I really want? Ive looked at the Athena and Fluance and they look pretty good. Any others out there?

2. Rick88

Rick88 Auditioning

My recommendation for a pretty good and VERY inexpensive system to hold you over is as follows:

1. 3 pair of the highly regarded Insignia bookshelf speakers on sale right now at Best Buy.com for $39.99.

2. The Parts Express 12", 150 watt sub - Cat. # 300-635 on sale for $138.88.

This would be a pretty good sounding system for $258 plus shipping.
    It would also give you a 6.1 system to take advantage of Dolby Digital EX and DTS ES discs.

3. Seth=L

Seth=L Screenwriter

If you are using a crt tube telivision, the insignia NS-B2111 cannot be used a center as it is not sheilded. Look at Polk, Paradigm, Energy, PSB, Infinity, or JBL for a center speaker.