Denon 2805, 3805 @ Costco

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Doug Brewster, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Doug Brewster

Doug Brewster Second Unit

Costco is again selling (online) the 2805 and 3805.
    They are an unauthorized dealer but you can return the product at any time for any reason if unsatisfied.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Catego...ath=79*&Browse=

I just tried the link and it didn't work, so go to http://www.costco.com
    click "electronics and cameras"
    There is a a "Receivers" section. You can click this from the "electronics and cameras" page or just click on "audio" and look under the receivers.

I'm posting this because I have been asked by several others how I got my 3805 from Costco. It was available for a short time, then unavailable. It's back. The 2805 was available for quite awhile, but disappeared earlier this week. It's back too.

2. JohnW

JohnW Stunt Coordinator

3. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

That is quite something. I can't imagine that Costco is not an authorized dealer, but who knows?

Artie

4. Frank PW

Frank PW Stunt Coordinator

How is warranty handled? Or do you just return it for a refund and get a new one.

Curious

5. Pat Donleycott

Pat Donleycott Auditioning

Check out Dakmark, they have the Denon 3805 for $620

6. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

Actually, their price is $849 for a "B" stock AVR-3805.

7. Doug Brewster

How is warranty handled? Or do you just return it for a refund and get a new one.

Yes, you return it for a refund. The downside is that. It means that even the most minor repair is either your problem or you return it. If they still have the item available, you can re-order. If not, then you take your refund and find a suitable replacement. I decided that a full refund is not a bad trade-off. I bought a 3805.

8. skip marr

skip marr Stunt Coordinator

The same units are also on the Amnerican Express Rewards program - for free - if you have enough points. Actually, the point requirement is not that high - if you want Denon.

9. Wayne Ernst

About the best price I've ever seen on the Denon AVR-3805 was $725.00 - new and in the box from one of the "buying clubs." Shipping would be applied on top of that price, too.

I won't even mention the name of the buying club, because you can find lots of dirt on them on the Internet. However, the do seem reliable in what they promise in regards to products, prices and deliveries. The *major* downfall with the club is that it's about $3K to get into it and that will last you about 2 years for the membership. After that, it's a few hundred $$ per year to keep it going.

10. skip marr

skip marr Stunt Coordinator

WHY??

11. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

I don't see the 3805 listed there, ony the 2805.

12. Wayne Ernst

Lewis, the AVR-3805 receivers were listed there yesterday. I guess they've sold out - for now. Once they restock, the 3805 should be listed once again, but that could be a few weeks down the road.

13. Doug Brewster

Once they restock, the 3805 should be listed once again, but that could be a few weeks down the road.

Or not at all. They were on the site for about a week the last time, then gone for at least a month. I believe the 3805 was on there earlier this year, and had been keeping an eye out for their return. They did the same thing with certain HK receivers. With the HK 525, they were there, then gone, then didn't return for 6 months. That's the risk when they carry a product they are not authorized (by the manufacturer) to sell.
    That was why I started the thread - if you're gonna get one, better make it fast. You never know how long they'll be on there. I check the site frequently. They have had a number of good deals on higher end equipment and accessories.