What's new

Denon 2803 w/ Canton Karat series home theater speakers...need some advice (1 Viewer)

Juan Benedit

Auditioning
Greetings people,

I am new to the whole home theater scene, I've been researching different options and I have pretty much fallen in love with the Canton Karat series speakers(S8 DC for the fronts, S1 for the rears, AS 200 SC for the sub, CM 40 for the center)

What i am wondering is if a Denon 2803 AV receiver can power these speakers well? If not, what would you recomend? I am particular to the Denon brand, although open to others.

Please forgive my ignorance if this just sounds totally noobish... :D

Thanks in advanced for the insight!
Juan Benedit

Ray_C

Stunt Coordinator
You can always get a 5-channel separate power amp and use the 2803 as a preamp/processor, via the 2803's preamp outs. That way, you can take advantage of the Denon's features and processing, but provide your speakers with cleaner, less-strained power. I do this with my 2803, currently using a Marantz MM9000 5-ch power amp. My Klipsch Reference speakers don't really need the 150W per of the Marantz, but if I'm looking to get new speakers down the road, I don't have to worry too much about the sensitivity rating. The separate power amp definitely helps in the detail, punch, and overall soundstage, as opposed to the Denon's internal amp...which is still pretty good for this class of unit. I actually still use the 2803's amp for my surround back channels in a 7.1 setup, although they hardly ever get used or pushed.

Luitz

Stunt Coordinator
Yes no problem absolutly Sweet speakers nice choice.
Remember the reciever will highpass also which will allow more volume.
And yes you can always get a separate amp but say a 3 channel for the front only.IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks