Denon 2803 vs Pioneer VSX-D912K???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JoshB, May 23, 2003.

1. JoshB

JoshB Supporting Actor

Joshua Bal
    I was pretty set on the Denon 2803 until I heard of the Pioneer 912. It seems to get great reviews and includes just about everything the 2803 has, except a few minor things. It also goes for almost $200 less. Can anyone give me some opinions on which is a better buy and is a better receiver.

Alos one more thing. I noticed that the 2803 has connections for 2 Surround Back Receivers. I am only interested in having 6.1, not 7.1 surround. So how would I hook up the Surround back speaker to only get one back channel speaker, since their is connections for Surround Back A and B? And for the front Left and Right Speakers, it I only want one left and one right, what would I do about the extra speaker connection, ie, hooking them up to Speaker A and not B. Does that make sense?

2. RobWil

RobWil Supporting Actor

Per the manual, to use surround back with one speaker connect the speaker to the SURR. BACK L channel. Leave the R channel empty.
    If you only want front L and R don't connect anything to the "B" speaker connections. They are for an optional 2nd set of speakers.
    IMO, the Denon is a much better receiver build-wise, sound-wise, spec-wise and feature-wise. It's up to you if it's worth $200 more though.