Denon 2803 Variable Crossover

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by MartyP, Jun 21, 2003.

1. MartyP

MartyP Stunt Coordinator

Can anyone tell me if, when setting all speakers to "small" and subwoofer to "yes", setting the variable crossover affects other modes other than DD/DTS. For example, when listening to CDs in DPL II (or Stereo) with the crossover set to 60 Hz, will all bass info below 60 Hz be routed to the sub?
    I am only asking about digital signals being fed to the 2803 from a DVD/CD player. I know that the "Ext. In" is a whole different subject...

2. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Marty: The answer is yes. It affects ALL modes except the Ext In and one variation of the Direct mode.

When you are in Direct mode (which is 2 channel), the Mains are ran as full-range, even if the speaker setup is set as "Small". Don't forget that in Direct, you still get a subwoofer feed (at the crossover frequency you've set.) If you don't want the sub on in Direct, use the individual channel set feature and turn it down to "Off" (do not use the main setup menu for this.)

3. MartyP

MartyP Stunt Coordinator

Chuck:

Thanks for the info...that's what I thought, but the manual was a little unclear. Thanks again.

Marty