What's new

Denon 2803 - Problem chaning "Modes" (1 Viewer)

shannonU

Auditioning
I have a 2803 with a number of components hooked up to it (DVD, HD Cable box, CD, VCR and a HD projector). My issue is that I can only change the modes by using the Function/Mode knob on the main unit.

Using the remote to toggle through the modes only changes which item is lit on the remote; however, the actual audio and video mode never changes. Note: this doesn't work when pressing the "Mode Select" button that toggles through the modes or when directly pressing a mode selection.

My questions:
1. Is this a known bug?
2. Other than possible bone headed user error, do you think it is a remote issue?
3. Is there a firm ware upgrade and if so, where do I find it. I didn't see it on the denon site.

As extra info, the only component that responds to "On Source" or "Off" button is the Cable/DBS mode. When toggling through the modes, if Cable/DBS is lit, it will actually turn on or off with the remote. The rest don't. The hassle with all of this is the need to phyiscally visit the main unit everytime I want to change components.

Any thoughts?

John S

Senior HTF Member
Must not be the same remote thats on my 4802...
Not sure on that remote.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Many remotes require you to press the button for a particular source twice or hold the button down for a second to switch to that source. The first press activates the remote menus without switching the source, the second press (or hold) within a second or so, selects that source.

If it's a programmable remote, have you tried out different codes for your particular devices?

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I think the 2803 has the same remote as my 3803. Make sure the LCD says AMP, then press the 1-9 number buttons (the function name is listed above the number) to change the source. If the LCD reads ZONE2 you will change the source going to zone 2.

shannonU

Auditioning
Thanks to both John's for replying. John G's tip didn't get it on this particular remote but I gave it a whirl.

Brian W, my LCD won't read AMP regardless what I've tried. I still can't get it to work. What's really odd is that the only device/mode that responds to the remote is the Cable/DBS. Don't get me wrong though, things like volume and mode select work so it isn't like the whole remote is defective. It just won't work the mode selections.

Any other suggestions?

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
In the manual on page 41, it appears that if you have either CD, CDR, or TAPE selected then the 1 - +10 buttons should change the input source.

shannonU

Auditioning
Thanks Brian, that got it. My remote is not intuitive relative to getting it on AMP mode. The LCD doesn't display that either. On my remote you have to hit CD, Tape or one other button to effectively put it in AMP mode. Weird. Regardless, you were right on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks