What's new

Denon 2802 or Yamaha RXV1200 (1 Viewer)

Dave Taylor

Auditioning
Some advice, I am from the UK. We don’t yet have the 2802 in this country (should be end of Nov). I understand that a Mag has just reviewed it over there. How did it do ? (did they compare it with the 3802)
I don’t need the 110W (90W will do) I don’t need a better remote (I will be using a universal) and I don’t need to 2 room facility, so apart from 32 Bit floating point DSP v 24 Bit fixed point are there any other reasons to get a 3802 which is £150 (UK Pounds) more. Or do I wait for the Yamaha RXV1200 which also has 6 power amps and is 32 Bit but is £60 more than the 2802.
Any 2802 users disappointed??
Any advice appreciated

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Well, it doesnt look like your getting a lot of hits, so I'll chime in. I have never heard the 2802, which is why I didnt reply in the first place. I did listen extensively to the the 3300 and the 3801 which were quite different from each other in my opinion. At first I went with the Marantz SR-6200, but after having noise problems that have been discussed elsewhere on this forum, I looked for an alternative. I had not tested the Yamaha RX-V1000, because I was looking for a 6ch receiver, but by the time I had tested three 6200s with the same problems, the RX-V1200 was out. I brought one home to test in my own theater, and let me tell you, the sound is awesome. It seems like it out-powers the Marantz, but it really shines even more in the processing department. I highly recomend the Yammie, but like I said, I havent really heard or spent much time with the 2802.
------------------
My Website: Link Removed
e-mail me: [email protected]
My DVD Profiler
Paradigm Lover

Dave Taylor

Auditioning
Thanks for the reply, any other RXV1200 owners have anything to say about the Yamaha the spec looks good but it has no personal memory function like the Denon, is this a problem

Bob_A

Supporting Actor
Yamaha makes excellent receivers...I think you will be happy with it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks