Denon 2802 or Onkyo 700??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Richard A, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Richard A

Richard A Auditioning

Well at first I needed to decide between a Denon 1803 abd the 2802. I finally chose the 2802 after reading many posts concerning sound issues with the 1803. However,I now found out that I can also get the Onkyo 700 for just a little over the cost of the Denon 2802. The Onko seems to have more features than the Denon including a higher power rating. However I know that that this point is very disseptive and that Onkyo seems to have questionable powersupplies as of late. My question is, at this level is there a big difference in the Amps in these two receivers. Also, are there many (any) reasons to consider the Denon over the Onkyo or vice versa. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Richard

2. Richard A

Richard A Auditioning

Although I'm a little nervous about it, I think I'm going to go with the Denon. I will be picking it up tomorrow evening. I chose it over the Onkyo basically from reviews about the power supply being better on the Denon. I was not able to make a good evaluation of them in the store as they were not set up in the same room and used different speakers. I like them both.

If anyone has any other input either way, it would be greatly appreciated. Is there anything (other than the lower quality HDTV component passthrough) that I may truly be missing out by purchasing a "last year's" receiver?

Richard