Denon 2802 and the Yamaha C750 DVD player-need help for SACD/DVD-Audio

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by perrin, Jan 22, 2005.

1. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

I recently purchased the Yamaha C750 DVD player, and I need some explanations how to play the SACD/DVD-Audio on the Denon 2802 receiver. I understand how you use interconnects from the DVD player to the receiver, but I am confused which mode on the Denon 2802 it needs to be on to play correctly.

Do I also go through the OCD of the receiver and do anything to that so it can hear the SACD/DVD player?

perrin

2. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

There should be a setting on the Denon 2802 something like "6 Channel Direct" (this is the setting on my Sherwood) in order to get the 5.1 analog output needed for SACD and hires DVD-Audio.

3. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Hello, Denon names it "external in". You also need to ensure that your cables from the dvd player are hooked up to the external in inputs. The dvd player itself needs to be set up to allow hi res. dvd audio and sacd signals through the proper path. If it is nat set up properly, dvd audio signals will be sent through the digital signal as dolby digital, and sacd as pcm.
    Hope this helps. regards, Tom

4. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

Tom,

Do I set the receiver on DVD mode to receive the music from the SACD/DVD-Audio? I was not sure which mode on the receiver I use in order for the music to be heard. I do understand about using the External Input on the Denon when I connect the DVD player to the receiver. I am still fuzzy as to my previous questions.

perrin

5. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Hi perrin, when you want to watch a normal dvd with dolby digital or dts soundtracks, you would use the "dvd" setting - on your denon. When you want to listen to dvd-audio or sa-cd use the external input. When external in is selected, it overrides the current source. For example, if you are listening to the "tuner", that is the radio, you can select "external in" and listen to sa-cd and dvd-a. The display on the denon should read 'external in'. I hope this helps.

Regards, Tom

6. Ed Moxley

Ed Moxley Cinematographer

Ed
    What Tom said................except instead of "External In", it will show up as "EXT. IN" on your receiver's display, unless it's changed from the 2803.............. [​IMG]
    Denon has their own language. Every other receiver (I think) calls it Multi-Channel.

7. perrin

perrin Stunt Coordinator

Tom and Ed,

Thanks for explaining to me how to get the SACD/DVD-Audio to work.

perrin

8. dany

dany Supporting Actor

You know the C750 auto goes to PLII on cd's i think. Yep,ext in,just push the button. Make sure you set the speakers right in the C750. Milliseconds,why would Yamaha use that?