Denon 2802 and settings.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Vlad D, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I have my receiver connected to a switched outlet on a Monster Power center. When the power center is off, there is no power to the switched outlets. With no power going to the Denon, standby led is off, will it retain its settings?

2. JohnDG

JohnDG Stunt Coordinator

IIRC for a period of weeks, but not forever. I've had mine unplugged for up to four weeks.

jdg

3. Chuck Kent

Chuck Kent Supporting Actor

Sometimes I have my 3802 unhooked for several days at a time (due to thunderstorms and such.) It has never lost ANY settings...

4. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Thanks guys.

5. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

Is there any reason that you have your 2802 on a switched outlet? Do you any extra unswitched outlets on your power center that you could use instead?

6. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    Greg,

The only reason I have it on a switched outlet is because that outlet is labeled "receiver." The power center has each outlet labeled for each component. I think I have at least one free unswitched outlet maybe I'll move it.

7. Greg Haynes

I guess it wouldn't really matter if you leave it where its at now if you don't ever turn off the power center. But if you turn it off and on everyday then I would think about moving it over to the unswitched outlet.

What Monster Power Center do you have? I have the Monster HTS-2500 and my outlet that's labeled Receiver is a unswitched outlet. I am not sure why they labeled yours a switched outlet.

8. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt
    I have the Monster HTS-2500 MKII. It has 6 unswitched outlets, 2 switched labeled a/v receiver and pre/pro, 2 timed labeled main amp and surround amp. Maybe the MKII is a revision.

9. Greg Haynes

That's interesting, didn't know that they changed it on the new model. I wonder if anyone can chime in and tell me why it would be better to have your receiver plugged into a switched outlet rather than unswitched outlet.

10. Vlad D

Vlad D Screenwriter

Vladimir Derenoncourt