What's new

Denon 2802 and component video switching? (1 Viewer)

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
I recently bought a Denon AVR2802 (haven't used it yet, still waiting on my speakers). It has inputs for two sets of component video and one set of outputs. But the bandwidth is only 27 MHz. I thought 50 MHz was the suggested minimum for component video switching. So my question is should I just connect my DVD and HD receiver directly to the TV (it has two sets of inputs) or change my receiver. I checked out the Onkyo TX-DS696, and it has similar features to the AVR2802 plus 50 MHz bandwidth for video switching. So I guess I'm also asking about AVR2802 vs TX-DS696. Which one is the better receiver? They're both in the same price range. My speakers, once I receive them are Boston's VMR60's, VMRC, VMRX's and Velodyne SPL1200 sub.

Thanks guys,

Vlad

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
If your TV has 2 inputs you should go straight into it regardless of if the receiver can handle it or not. A direct connection is always best. That said. I would keep the 2802 over the 696 because it has DDEX and DTS ES discrete and matrix processing and 6 channels of amplification.

RoyB

Grip
I'm just about to pull the trigger on a 2802 myself and want to know if this is a serious drawback. Any more opinions?? Anything else I should consider??

TimothyW

Grip
Just found an answer to this question here.
I have wire routing limitations so I need to rely on component video switching, and I'm a little disappointed that Denon stretched the truth in their advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks